Saturday, August 29, 2009

calgon isn't doing it

So, in the last 6 weeks, my washing machine, fridge, dishwasher, garbage disposal, kitchen sink faucet and lower level bathroom sink have malfunctioned and the medicine cabinet in the upstairs is hanging by 1 hinge. We've had the fridge replaced, and the lawnmower repaired, but the rest will have to wait until more money comes in, after we've paid our school tax bill.

Due to the washing machine's untimely demise, we moved it to let out the water, and part of the floor came up. This led to the removal of 1 layer of carpet, 1 layer of linoleum beneath the carpet, 1 layer of peel and stick tile, and chipping away at the tile beneath that. Chipping away has become my hobby. Everyday, I spend at least a few minutes getting some of this hideousness away. I have a dime sized piece of flesh missing from my palm (owie!) from being overly zealous in trying to get too much done at once. Now I need to go at it a little slower until this heals.

This seems to be my theme the last couple of weeks...chipping away.

I am constantly worried and stressed about kids, their needs, their therapies, school (for all of us), this money pit of a house and what it needs, but in all reality, like my laundry room floor, and wanting to accomplish everything NOW!

but...there is only so much I can get done in one day without doing myself harm.

I am chipping away at all aspects of life, and eventually I will get where I want to be, and help the rest of our family do the same.

Now, if I can just do it without owies...

1 comment:

  1. the best part is that these are temporary blips you will defeat

    I wish I had seen that hand when you were here, sounds like a big ouchie is right

    no more of those please

    ReplyDelete